Re: not the Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-forces-mib-07

2008-09-04 12:34:32
OK, I waited 24 hours, but...

Dave Crocker, Charlie Perkins and I, and Scott Bradner independently,
proposed

Working Group Snapshots (WGS) in
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-dawkins-pstmt-twostage-01.txt

Stable SnapShots (SSS), in
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-bradner-ietf-stds-trk-01.txt

either of which could be used to express exactly the attribute Tom is
suggesting ("this I-D has now passed from the WG to the AD, IESG etc. and
that suggested enhancements are no longer welcome"), and could be used to
express other attributes as well ("the working group considers this I-D to
be stable enough to implement, so we'll have implementation experience and
won't be requesting publication of a paper design").

For extra credit, we could implement these with no 2026/2418 changes, if
changing 2026/2418 is as impossible as it looks - neither BCP says we CAN'T
do WGS/SSS.

Not all the process proposals of the 2003-2005 era were useless, IMO...

Spencer