Application Area nominations (Was: On being public)

2008-09-15 14:01:23
Pete, thanks for forcing this issue.

Pete Resnick wrote:

"My name was submitted to the NomCom for the position of <Foobar AD>,
and I've told the NomCom I'm willing to be considered. Of course,
this is no guarantee that if I get selected, I'd still be able to
serve. Please send them whatever positive or negative feedback you
have."

I know that most people who were around for long enough would guess the
list of candidates in
their area of interest anyway, and I don't believe that hiding the fact
that you were nominated
would serve any purpose, so here we go:

My name was submitted to the NomCom for the position of Application AD,
and I've told the NomCom I'm willing to be considered. Of course,
this is not a guarantee that I get selected by Nomcom, or if I get selected,
I'd still be able to serve. Please send them whatever negative or positive
feedback you have.

Regards,
Alexey

P.S. I am surely hope that people don't get intimidated by my
disclosure. I am also hoping that people don't consider such disclosure
to be campaigning.