Re: RFC 2026 interpretation question

2008-10-01 20:45:42

John C Klensin wrote:
Opinions (or an IESG decision) welcome, as would be an
indication of whether I really need to write an I-D that
modifies 2026 to resolve this question and whether the IESG
would be prepared to process such an I-D.

First question is: Why have any delay at all? I presume the answer has to do with broader community exposure -- review and maybe experience, although 4 months is not enough for serious experience.

If indeed that reason is right, it seems that distribution doesn't happen until the RFC is officially announced. Until that moment, the document is subject to some change. So that's when broader public exposure starts.

I'd rather argue for "as soon as the working group approves it", particularly for going from Draft to Full, but I can't think of logic that makes it compelling.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking