Re: RFC 2026 interpretation question

2008-10-02 12:58:49

John,

RFC 2026 says:

  *>    The RFC Editor shall publish periodically an "Internet
  *>    Official Protocol Standards" RFC [1], summarizing the status
  *>    of all Internet protocol and service specifications.
  *>

and you wrote:

  *> So, we no longer remove documents from the I-D directory when
  *> the Protocol Action notice is issued and the RFC Editor
  *> notified.  We don't have the Internet Society Newsletter
  *> contemplated by the second paragraph, so it can't be the
  *> "publication of record".  And we have dropped STD0001 as a
  *> frequently-updated publication.
  *>

The RFC Editor continues to publish STD 1 online, updated daily.
And we recently published a "periodic" version as an RFC, over some
people's dead bodies, I might add.

Bob Braden