Re: several messages

2008-11-11 01:29:36
[trimmed the Cc: list]

Dean Anderson schrieb:

In fact, the people who use these DNSBL blacklists do so only for a
short time, until they get burned and stop using them. That's what

Where do you get this "fact" from? I'd be very interested to learn about
this, because I see overwhelming evidence of the contrary - that well
managed DNSBLs are used by all but a minority of email receiving systems.

happens routinely with SORBS.  I call a few people a month about SORBS.
Very little mail is actually blocked by most of these lists. But what
little that is blocked is blocked in error.

Can you back up this statement with some data?

In the 1990s, I found ORBS and Osirusoft scanning for open relays and

We have 2008. I don't think that some misguided individuals back in the
1990s have a lot of significance to the Internet of today.

But DNSBLs can't solve the problem when spam is sent via botnets. By the

The Spamhaus XBL and Spamhaus PBL are pretty useful in denying
connections from botnets. You should try them - in the arsenal of
spam-fighting tools, they are the probably most effective ones.

-- Matthias