Re: several messages

2008-11-11 04:13:04
Ehm, I don't think I want to enter into the 'issues' in Mr Anderson's post, but I do like his "I hate John Levine" web page, I think all of those who become graced with their own "I hate you" ranting web page have verifiably achieved greatness (well done John ;)

This bit though I can elaborate on:

Unlike you, I don't see "overwhelming community consensus for
this mechanism".

Aw, come on.  There's a billion and a half mailboxes using the
Spamhaus DNSBLs, on systems ranging from giant ISPs down to hobbyist
Linux boxes.

This 1.5billion number is just more unsubstantiated BS.

Actually that is user numbers we have signed contracts for (i.e: contractually-declared numbers of end users of the Spamhaus Datafeed service), the actual figure being 1,425,440,000 users currently. I would say that is a level of usage that strongly suggests "overwhelming community consensus for this mechanism".

  Steve Linford
  The Spamhaus Project
  http://www.spamhaus.org