Re: several messages

2008-11-12 15:44:07
David Romerstein wrote:

I'm on many mailing lists. I participate in all of them. I am aware of
the approximate volume of mail I get from them everyday, at least by
orders of magnitude. If a list that normally sees 20-30 emails a day
doesn't have any for a day, I'm likely to start investigating. That may
make me unusual; based on my experiences blocking spam at A Large ISP
several years ago, though, I suspect that I am not. People complain to
their postmasters *vociferously* when expected mail is not received, and
that shows that those emails have value to them.

You are overgeneralizing.  Some lists have significant daily volume,
others do not.  Some people read list mail every day, others do not.