Re: Last Call: draft-irtf-asrg-blinds (DNS Blacklists and Whitelists)

2008-11-17 12:53:42
The DNSBL BCP document has been updated and submitted to the IETF
as http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-05.txt

This is not an official IETF last-call, and can't be officially
considered as being co-submitted with the last call of the DNSBL
protocol specification (draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl), proposal as it should
have been arranged to be.

Taken for whatever it's worth, this is only minor typographical
revisions to the previous draft (04) that was deemed ready for last-call
at the ASRG session at IETF Dublin, discussed through many iterations
of the ASRG and elsewhere, and I think covers most if not
all of the "Security Considerations" type issues raised with
draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl.

While the issues raised mostly aren't listed as "Security
Considerations" in the BCP, they comprise much of the base content of
the BCP.

I'm not exactly sure where this is all going, whether the IRTF or IETF,
etc., that will depend on the IETF ADs etc.

But I think it worth taking a look at for those interested in the
subject matter.  I guess further discussion should go to the ASRG
mailing list.