Re: Lack of need for 66nat : Long term impact to application developers

2008-11-22 08:21:40
Tony,

I have not yet formed even my own opinion on what to do with NAT66. I do agree with you though that we need to think carefully what we are doing. What the IETF does here will have a significant impact*. We do need wider community discussion on this. I have also asked the IP directorate and IAB to provide feedback on what they think should be done here. I do hope though that we keep our focus on completing the IPv4-IPv6 co-existence work that is going on in Behave, rather than spend all our energy on debating new work...

Jari

*) Even if it should be understood that vendors make their own decisions independently of the IETF, some of the similar application implications may exist due to other reasons such as firewalls, etc.