Re: How I deal with (false positive) IP-address blacklists...

2008-12-09 01:49:40

In message <20081209061829(_dot_)GA13153(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>, Theodore Tso
writes:

This doesn't work for most people, but I had fun composing this
response, and coming just a few weeks after people claiming that
IP-based blacklists work well, and rarely result in false positives, I
felt I just had to share.   :-)

                                              - Ted

        They didn't say why they had blacklisted that IP so there
        is no way to determine if it was a false positive or not.
        That also make the request to phone if the listing was in
        error pretty hard to determine.

        Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews(_at_)isc(_dot_)org