Re: meeting attendance & nomcom

2009-01-09 11:48:22
Scott Brim <swb(_at_)employees(_dot_)org> wrote:
John C Klensin allegedly wrote on 1/9/09 11:11 AM:

Part of the reason for the current requirements is exactly what
I think you are suggesting -- to raise the odds that Nomcom
members will actually know the candidates and have had the
opportunity to see them in action in some roles.

But also that nomcom members have some clue to what the life of an
IAB/IESG member is like.  I don't see how you can possibly understand
that without seeing it all in action at a face-to-face meeting.

   May I recommend the Narrative Minutes at

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/iesg-narrative.shtml

   (What an IETFnn attendee sees is much less than 10% of the job.)

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>