Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your review and comments on a proposed Work-Around to the Pre-5378 Problem

2009-01-15 07:24:07
----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Housley" <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
To: "Tom.Petch" sisyphus(_at_)dial(_dot_)pipex(_dot_)com
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:36 PM

Correction:  RFC 5378 was published on 10 November 2008.
http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-dist/2008-November/002142.html

Thanks for the correction.  I was about to point out that the latest draft
licence from the IETF Trust refers in 5c to material published 'before November
10, 2008' but this now makes sense.

( In passing, the reference to November 12th was a mistake on my part; I was
looking at Ed's announcement which spoke of the new rules coming in force
'today' and which my e-mail client tells me is November 12th.  I should of
course have looked at the e-mail headers and seen that he submitted the e-mail
so as to generate
 by core3.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8C51A28C173;
 Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:40:08 -0800 (PST)'
which for GMT or places West is November 11th:-(

Whatever, November 10th it is.

What then is post-5378?  Is it material published on or after November 10th?

Tom Petch

Russ