Re: how to contact the IETF

2009-02-10 10:41:18
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 05:57:28AM -0800, Wes Hardaker wrote:

And the question is: did all those people writing in read and understand
the draft and fully understand the issue?  Or are they just
regurgitating a "do this" announcement.  How do you weigh a bunch of
uninformed responses against a fewer number of informed ones.

Surely that's a decision that has to be made by the shepherd of the
document?  I know that when I have to evaluate the consensus in a WG,
figuring out whether someone's objections are ill-informed is one of
my jobs.  Sometimes that involves asking follow-up questions to the
person who posts.  (Like, for instance, "Have you read this draft?")

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com
Shinkuro, Inc.