Re: Ah, I see the cause of the situation now... (tls-authz situation)

2009-02-10 17:20:10
Dear Melinda:

By reasonable and intelligent, I mean people who have skills and
expertise that could be useful to the IETF: maybe now, or maybe years
from now.  A person who feels like they've been treated with undue
harshness can hold onto that for quite some time... and that
resentment could turn a person who might help the IETF now or later
into someone who doesn't want anything to do with the IETF.

Again, please remember that I'm not trying to chastise anyone here.
I'm just saying that we should strive to be patient.

And indeed, I don't believe I was around when the IPR working group
was chartered.  I've been a long time watcher, but I hadn't had the
resolve to step forward and say anything in the list until this most
recent situation.  I figured that I might as well try to help calm the
situation in some way.  I'm hoping to be of more use in the future,
especially now that I've finally worked up the courage to post on the
list at all.

Sincerely,

Alex Loret de Mola

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Melinda Shore <mshore(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>