Re: [TLS] TLS WG Chair Comments on draft-ietf-tls-authz-07

2009-02-12 12:42:55
Alfred,
neither of the cited KeyNote drafts (nor the KeyNote system itself) is patent-encumbered. However, I admit to not (yet) having paid close attention to the details of the IPR issues around tls-authz-extns itself and their potential impact to tls-authz-keynote.

I have started draft-keromytis-keynote-x509-01 through the RFC- fication process (currently discussing with a reviewer), since it does not depend on authz (or any other pending work in any WG). I have been waiting for tls-authz-extns to go through the process before I start with draft-keromytis-tls-authz-keynote-01. I invite every interested party to send me comments. You may find it useful to first read RFCs 2704 (at least the first few sections) and 2792.
Best,
-Angelos