Re: Changes needed to Last Call boilerplate

2009-02-12 22:40:04
    > From: Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

    > it's really important that the Subject contains the draft name.
    > Otherwise, sorting becomes a nightmare.
    > The radical alternative is of course a web-based method which ensures
    > that comments are logged and stored per-document

I think these (and the per-draft mailboxes others have mentioned) are probably
all steps in a long-term plan, with the eventual optimum system being the
web-based thing you mention.

But please, let's not wait until we have something 'really good' working.
Let's move _right away_ to the simplest, fastest, easiest improvement on plain
old "ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org", i.e. "ietf-comments"; as soon as Subject: line
tagging is
working (that works now with mailto:, right?), add that, then when separate
mailboxes are ready, add them, etc, etc.

        Noel