Re: Running Code

2009-03-04 23:00:37
I would hope that most spec writers also write code (or at least have written code in the past), but maybe not for every draft that they prepare. Also, if we'd want to rule out any protocol contributions by individuals with management responsibilities that make writing production code difficult, it would probably eliminate a fair number of active contributors in the IETF. I'm making no value judgement whether that would be a good thing or not...

Henning