Early implementers motivations [was Re: Running Code]

2009-03-04 16:04:56
OK, so nearly everybody seems to think that I misunderstood the
motivations of early implementation contributors, so let's ask them
directly.

If you did contribute an early implementation or did think of
contributing but finally didn't, please respond to this email with
your story.  Interesting points are why you did (or not) the early
implementation, will you do more, what would motivate you to do more
early implementations, etc... You can send your responses directly
to me if you do not want to respond publicly - I will keep them
confidential and post just a summary of the responses.

For the purpose of this exercise, an early implementation is an
implementation of an IETF protocol under development as an
Internet-Draft.

Thanks.