Re: Repair of Public Mail List Archives Complete

2009-03-17 06:37:18
Alexa

I noticed the lists were down and would normally have flagged it, as many
another organisation knows.  I did not do so partly because of the usual problem
of where to flag it but more because what is the point?  These are not so much
archives as current affairs.  I can look at what has been posted so far today,
or yesterday or last week.  But when I really need an archive, to see what was
agreed in 2006, I have to get there day by day by painstaking day by tedious day
at a time.  I can see no other more direct way.

Where the ietf does not host the archive, and there are still some, then I get a
menu inviting me to start in March 2006, which takes me where I want to be in
seconds.

So when the ietf archives are down, well, I don't really miss them.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexa Morris" <amorris(_at_)amsl(_dot_)com>
To: <wgchairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:20 PM
Subject: Repair of Public Mail List Archives Complete

As I mentioned late last week, as a side effect of a recent Mailman
upgrade some mail lists with previously public archives had their list
configuration reset to private archiving, resulting in  inaccessible
archives. This archiving issue has now been repaired and the "missing"
archives have been transferred from private to public.

All lists with public archives should now have the complete set of
messages.

As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Alexa

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris(_at_)amsl(_dot_)com

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>