Re: Comment on draft-iab-ipv6-nat-00

2009-03-22 10:22:19
Christian Vogt allegedly wrote on 03 19 2009 2:21 PM:
I was actually making a different statement.  I was saying that
end-to-end (locator/address) transparency is important in the existing
Internet because IP addresses are overloaded as identifiers by some
applications.  If there wasn't this kind of overloading, then the lack
of end-to-end (locator/address) transparency would be less of an issue.

OK, now I understand.  You're not talking about end-to-end transparency
in general but end-to-end address transparency.  I think I agree
completely.  We are certainly working toward not caring what addresses
are used.

Scott