Re: Comment on draft-iab-ipv6-nat-00

2009-03-22 14:01:10
Scott Brim wrote:
I was asking how the site knows when its hosts peers have been upgraded,
so that it can allow their traffic to be routed out multiple interfaces.

Yeah, exactly, although the canonical Unix-y way to
do this would be to try it and see what you get back.
If it doesn't work, catch the error and fall back to
whatever it is you've planned to fall back to.
There are obvious problems with this in a network
environment (latency, resource consumption) but it's
already how the IETF has chosen to deal with NAT
traversal (ICE) so I expect there's a reasonable
question about whether or not connectivity tests can
(or should) be extended to transport, etc..

Melinda