request for community assistance regarding TICTOC requirements

2009-03-24 23:07:05
Hi all,

The TICTOC WG is finalizing the scope of its requirements draft.

As of now the draft has information regarding the timing requirements for
-        Cellular Backhauling
-        Circuit Emulation
-        Test and Measurement
-        ToD over the general Internet
we have still unintegrated information for
-        Sensor networks
-        Legal uses of time
-        Industrial Automation
and we have removed two applications for lack of interest or feasibility
-        Remote Telco
-        Electric power distribution.

We are still soliciting help in gathering requirements information for
-        Uses of precise time in networking
-        Metrology
If anyone can help in these latter applications, please contact the TICTOC
chairs.
If no interest is expressed, we intend removing these applications from the list
of applications being considered.

In addition, if someone feels we missed an application that requires
distribution of timing information, it is possibly not too late to consider its
inclusion.

Thanks

Y(J)S