RE: IPR/Copyright

2009-03-26 23:32:21
I note that, if the community's preference is really the second
choice, then we are finished.  The Trustees would presumably
follow the general rough consensus on this list, interpret the
existing workaround as permanent, and  we would all move on.

Well, almost finished.

If a draft using the workaround becomes RFC and someone wants to
reuse material from it, the latter work becomes a "second derivative".
So we will need to use the workaround for some post-5398 RFCs as well.
In fact, a recursive algorithm is needed to determine whether or not
to use the pre-5398 language.

Y(J)S