Re: Your "favorite" network faults

2009-04-12 20:47:44

Shot myself in the foot recently when I reconfigured my local LAN from /25 to /24 and forgot I still had the old ISDN router plugged in which routed to the other 1/2 of the /25. Caused a lot of flakeyness which I really didn't figure out until I ran Ethereal and saw the ISDN manufacturer annotated in its MAC address.

Can't speculate about lay persons since I tend to think my network is more complex than they would start with.

David Morris