Re: Your "favorite" network faults

2009-04-15 10:43:50

A NAT that if it's external IP was 1.2.3.4, any time it saw the binary pattern 0x01020304 passing through it in any data it would replace it with the nats internal IP. (Many NATS call this "feature" a "Generic ALG" so if you see a NAT with that, run screaming) Most stuff worked fine but the bug was found when someone was downloading the ISO image for a Linux CD that just happened to contain the external IP in some executable that got changed in the download. Credit to Adam Roach for figuring out what was going on.