Re: 75th IETF - Hotels

2009-04-15 15:40:14
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Ross Finlayson wrote:

For these hotels, is the IETF group rate always less than (or equal to) the non-group rate? Apparently this was not always the case in San Francisco.

It depends on when (and how) you book, but generally no.

As of mid-December 2008, booking.com was offering a standard double room with breakfast at the Clarion Sign for 1295 SEK on our meeting dates, with day-before cancel terms. The IETF meeting rate for the same class of room is 1895 with a May 1st(!!!!) cancellation date. Our lowest meeting rate at the Clarion is 1495.

Right now, I can't find Clarion rooms online at all.

Doubles at the Rica Stockholm and Rica Kungsgaten are currently available at hotel.info for 1195 (v. a meeting rate of 1495 or 1795 depending on the number of nights). The lowest IETF rate at those hotels is 1295.

-- Sam