Re: Extending the Dean Anderson PR-action to lists on tools.ietf.org

2009-04-17 11:49:03

On Apr 17, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Samuel Weiler wrote:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Cullen Jennings wrote:

> I really don't understand why Dean should be blocked from
> rai-ads(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)

Dean is the subject of a PR Action; Henrik needs no other reason to
apply the blocking and, if there is a reason or triggering event
(which seems likely), he needn't disclose it to Dean or to this list.

In the general case, I also see no harm in the blocking: those aliases
are for convenience, and it's easy to expand them using public
sources.  Blocking their use doesn't meaingfully hamper IETF
participation.

-- Sam

Sam, not disagreeing with anything you are saying here but none of this helps me understand why Dean should be blocked. [Note, I'm not saying this blocking is right or wrong, just that I don't understand why]. Should someone who is subject of a PR action just be automatically blocked from all IETF lists?