Re: WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

2009-04-22 09:16:24
Hi,

On 2009-4-22, at 2:19, Christian Vogt wrote:
It seems that folks are considering two related, yet still orthogonal
topics for inclusion in the MIF charter:

- Conflicts between configuration parameters.

- Issues with address selection.

I agree that both of these are important and should be worked on (and with the rest of your email, basically).

The first one is what I thought MIF would be focusing on, as an INT WG is IMO the right venue for this.

The second one is also important, but much more tricky, because it ties in with transports and applications (as Keith and others have pointed out already). Topics that cross area boundaries are always a bit difficult to charter. I'm at this point not fully convinced that simply throwing this in with topic #1 into one WG is going to work.

Lars