Re: Beyond reproach

2009-04-22 13:44:26
"...Popper said that it is reasonable to assume that sooner or later
some rotten scoundrels will gain power.  It's not important who they
will be precisely, but whatever your political views might be you must
agree that a likelihood of such an event is rather high.  So whatever
law you want to have in your country, don't ask yourself the question
"how this law can be used in good hands".  Ask the question "how this
law can be used when the filthiest, dirtiest, stupidest bastards will
rule my country (and sooner or later they probably will)".  Only the
law that cannot be used to do anything wrong EVEN by the most vicious
ruler is truly good...."