Fwd: Status of the 16-bit AS Number space

2009-04-23 11:13:50
I thought that the whole community would like to be aware of this status.

Russ

From: Michelle Cotton <michelle(_dot_)cotton(_at_)icann(_dot_)org>
To: "iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:52:18 -0700
Subject: Status of the 16-bit AS Number space

Dear IESG,

This is to let you know what we now have fewer than 10 blocks of 16-bit AS Numbers left in the IANA free pool.

Yesterday we allocated two blocks of 1,024 AS Numbers to ARIN, as per the Global Policy for Allocation of ASN Blocks to Regional Internet Registries, which was ratified by the ICANN board in July last year.

<http://www.icann.org/en/general/global-policy-asn-blocks-31jul08-en.htm>http://www.icann.org/en/general/global-policy-asn-blocks-31jul08-en.htm

The unallocated 16-bit AS Number space is now 54272-64511. The full registry can be viewed at:

<http://www.iana.org/assignments/as-numbers/as-numbers.xml>http://www.iana.org/assignments/as-numbers/as-numbers.xml

We agreed to notify the IESG when we got to this point in the AS Numbers registry. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Kind regards,

Michelle Cotton
IANA