Re: [mif] WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

2009-04-23 11:08:28
Marc Blanchet wrote:
Jari Arkko a écrit :
This revision includes the removal of the BCP document. I am hoping that
also helps in other problems people had with this charter, as it becomes
even clearer that the WG will not develop solutions, its really only
about describing the problem and existing practices. Unrelated to your
comments, I also added a statement about app & transport aspects.

Jari,
 I think by removing the BCP document, we are diminishing too much the
scope of the wg. IETF does not have a good track record for PS-only wg...

 what about an informational document (instead of BCP) that would
describe some possible ways to manage MIF without a new protocol?  This
would be an outcome after getting all the existing practices and have a
discussion what are the best ways to solve (maybe scope limited/specific
use cases) MIF issues without a new protocol. That work would be a good
segway to protocol work, since we would know what the best we can do
within what we have, and what needs to be done for new protocol work.

That would also work for me.

Jari