Re: [mif] WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

2009-04-23 13:18:03
Giyeong Son a écrit :
I think we may need to understand what are the real problems that
people/organizations (i.e. carriers, ISPs and vendors and users) have
been currently struggling with in terms of simultaneous use of multiple
networks.

there is a first cut in draft-blanchet-mif-problem-statement.

Please provide text/comments to it.

Marc.

I think, Ralph seems to have clearly brought applicable practical use
cases and/or criteria. So, with the use cases it might be worth to
clarify if MIF will address and provide some recommendation for (at
least) BCP which can answer to those use cases. If MIF does not
(instead, only addresses partially, such as conflicting configurations
and/or others), there may need other working group for focusing on BCP
for the end-to-end practice of simultaneous use of multiple
networks/interfaces. I believe that there is no working groups currently
where can provide this kind of recommendation. They may be also willing
to address partially from their perspective, similar with MIF if MIF
want to tackle the problem partially.

I think that we already know that simultaneous use of multiple networks
is very crucial issue in various aspects by various organizations. Most
of current carriers/ISPs/mobile device (including laptop) manufactures
seems to be willing to hear about efficient, reliable and best common
practice to handle the problem.

Giyeong