Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-24 21:03:42

Henk Uijterwaal wrote:
       At the one but last plenary, you (Dave) were
amongst the first persons to object against a potential increase from
$635 to $675.   And the amount this sponsor contributes is far more than
than $40x1,000 attendees.

What do you think the incremental cost is, for making 1000 senior engineers people take an additional 8 hours (4 each way) and pay for an additional leg of travel.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it's probably more than US$ 40 per person.

When talking about costs and "savings", we really do need to aggregate, lifecycle estimates, rather than indulge solely in local optimizations.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking