Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-25 02:28:49

Wow. Time for a reality check. So, we've gone from a discussion of
additional travel time in the 2-4 hour range to an entire "lost day"
in the USD 1000 range for someone on your side of the Atlantic??

I hate to sound sarcastic, but last time I checked, we are not a group
of in-court lawyers, house builders, or craftsmen. Last time I
checked, most of the participants in the IETF are perfectly capable of
working "offline," heck I've even seen some people reading those pesky
Internet Drafts ON PAPER, while a very large number of us seem to be
in possesion of portable devices with various communication
capabilities, even if some of that communication is temporarily
disabled by air travel. Do you remember the early days of the IETF,
waiting for the "terminal room" to open, or perhaps even earlier when
said room was a small computing center at a University? How could we
possibly have survived?

In the words of Chopper Reed, I think we need to HTFU ;-)

[YouTube is your friend]

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj