Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-25 02:44:05
At 04:44 PM 5/24/2009, Ole Jacobsen wrote:
I would
hardly characterize a 3-4 hour train journey as "problematic" if you
consider what other venues the IETF historically has used.

Hi Ole -

That's a 3-4 hour train journey with 3 changes (and a cab ride at the end?  not
sure where the venue is relative to the train station).

Having been to all of the IETF venues except Stockholm, I'm unclear to which
venues you might be referring.  Could you clarify?  As far as I can recall, the
Yokohama trip was the only one any great distance from an airport and the train
pretty much went straight there (e.g. no "3 changes") in an hour or so with
trains every 30 minutes or so.  There was a reasonable length cab ride at the
end.   London had a train as well, but shorter and a short walk at the end.

I literally can't think of a single venue we've been at that is anywhere near
this far from a national/international class airport.  I also can't think of
any venue where the last hop from the airport required more than one change -
and that was the Yokohama train/taxi switch.

So which ones and why did you consider them problematic?

Mike