Re: Last Call: draft-dusseault-impl-reports (Guidance on Interoperation and Implementation Reports) to BCP

2009-05-26 15:44:32
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 09:50:52AM -0700,
 Lisa Dusseault <lisa(_dot_)dusseault(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 43 lines which said:

Do you have any suggestions for criteria that could be broadly
applicable and useful?

Following Paul Hoffman, you could put in the I-D something like:

All known (by the author of the report) implementations SHOULD be
listed in the report and, if only a subset is tested, the reasons for
selecting this subset SHOULD be written down. For instance, "We tested
Foobar and Example because they are widely regarded as the two most
common implementations." or "We tested Foobar and Example because they
are the only ones available under a free software licence."

(Paul's message contains other good examples.)