Re: DNSSEC is NOT secure end to end

2009-06-01 00:31:09

In message
<874c02a20905312100g120b83c7ufbfc13b2849a4aa8(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com>,
Joe Baptista writes:

I disagree.  DNSCurve has nothing to do with trust.  It simply ensure the
system you are connected to is in fact the system that gives you the
answer.  DNSCurve addresses the UDP issues without the need for a root or
any other third party enjoying any degree of trust.

        If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

Totally different from DNSSEC.

regards
joe baptista

        You can disagree all you want but it doesn't change the
        fact that DNSSEC and DNSCurve both have chains of trusts.
        The proponents of DNSCurve even say this.

        Note the chain of trust as described on
        http://www.dnscurve.org/tld.html/.

The root DNS servers can also be protected with DNSCurve. Once a
cache knows DNSCurve server names for the root servers, its packets
to and from those servers are protected, so it securely learns the
DNSCurve server names for .com and other top-level domains, so its
packets to and from the .com servers are protected, so it securely
learns the DNSCurve server names for nytimes.com, etc.

        Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org