Re: DNSSEC is NOT secure end to end

2009-06-08 15:35:42
I was at a dinner with Dave Clarke last week. Those who invoke his
name in these arguments rarely seem to have read his paper on the end
to end principle IN NETWORKING.

The end to end security argument came earlier, it is referenced as an
antecedent to lend support to the then novel idea of applying it to a
network. And it is an argument about the best place to manage
complexity.

No internet security is end to end, no internet security protocol can
be end to end as the ends of the security relationship are PEOPLE and
ORGANIZATIONS.

Depending on your level of abstraction you choose to work at you can
argue that anything is an end.

It would be nice if the paper was available in unencumbered form.
Publication in ACM does not help anything but the author's academic
career. There are real problems with DNSSEC but not those that tend to
gain advancement there,

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Masataka