Re: DNSSEC is NOT secure end to end

2009-06-01 09:09:03
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Mark Andrews <marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org> wrote:

       If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

Keep the bridge - it's all yours.  Remember - in order to sell the bridge
you first have to own it.  Your convenced you have something to sell.  I am
not.

Totally different from DNSSEC.

       You can disagree all you want but it doesn't change the
       fact that DNSSEC and DNSCurve both have chains of trusts.
       The proponents of DNSCurve even say this.

       Note the chain of trust as described on
       http://www.dnscurve.org/tld.html/.

The correct URL is http://www.dnscurve.org/tld.html not
http://www.dnscurve.org/tld.html/

And yet again - it has nothing to do with chains of trust.  It does learn
how to trust and whom to trust.  Thats part of the job.  What DNSCurve does
do is it "adds link-level public-key protection to DNS packets" therefore
guaranteeing the integrity of the packets end to end.

Totally different from DNSSEC which indeed uses chains of trust - i.e. root
to tld to sld etc.etc.

I am totally amazed at the propaganda that comes out of ISC these days.
When you guys start comparing DNSSEC to DNSCurve - we'll - all I can say is
this - I have this really nice bridge on the Hudson I'd like to sell you
that will compliment the bridge you've already have.

cheers
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.