Re: Last Call: draft-dawkins-nomcom-dont-wait (Nominating CommitteeProcess: Earlier Announcement of Open Positions and Solicitation ofVolunteers) to BCP

2009-06-24 23:45:18
To simplify the text, and make things a little simpler, I suggest
inventing a new name for the "thing" that acts as nomcom chair has
in the past, but which can act before the nomcom chair is appointed.

Say, that was to be called "convenor" - then the doc would
define that position

        The Convenor is responsible for some acts in the early
        establishment of the nomcom, as detailed below.  The chair of
        the nomcom shall be the Convenor from the time the chair
        is appointed.  Prior to appointment of a chair for the comcom,
        the Convenor shall be the IETF Executive Director.

or something like that, with better spelling and capitalisation...

Then, rather than saying "the Chair (or Executive director if no chair has
hey been appointed" in several places, you just say "The Convenor" (instead
of Chair) in all places where it is OK for the ExecD to act on the incoming
chair's behalf, and retain Chair in places where we don't want that to
happen.

kre