Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-02 09:09:48
Douglas Otis <dotis at mail dash abuse dot org> wrote:

Word's closed code is continuously changing. Availability of this closed application depends upon OS compatibility and version regressions. Both are moving targets. In addition, Word formats permit inclusion of potentially destructive scripts within highly flexible and obfuscating structures...

I didn't hear anyone ask to make evil Word from evil Microsoft the standard format for I-Ds and RFCs. I did hear a suggestion to enhance xml2rfc so it can interpret the XML generated by evil Word. The resulting code generated by xml2rfc would presumably have all of the evilness purged.

http://www.ewellic.org