Re: RFC archival format, was: Re: More liberal draft formatting standards required

2009-07-03 07:27:41
Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 3 jul 2009, at 13:13, Stewart Bryant wrote:

That is an author centric view. It is far more important to take a reader centric view.

Do we have any objective information on what format produced the clearest information transfer in the reader.

Well, readers can't read what authors can't produce.

Perhaps a good image trumps good text, but I don't think we can assume that this is the choice we'll be faced with in general, mediocre image vs good text or bad image vs mediocre text seems more likely.

Images of any quality do not excuse poor text. Producing good text is not negotiable and we have mechanisms in place to ensure the quality of the text.

However it is our job to produce the most lucid description of the specification and I go back to my question, what format is most effective for the readers?

Stewart