Re: Automatically updated Table of Contents with Nroff

2009-07-15 18:49:15
Randy Presuhn wrote:
Hi -

From: "Julian Reschke" <julian(_dot_)reschke(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de>
To: "Randy Presuhn" <randy_presuhn(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: Automatically updated Table of Contents with Nroff
And of course you can do that with xml2rfc as well; just automate the
process of converting the source file to something that can be included
into the XML source using the standard XML include mechanisms.

I couldn't find such mechanisms described anywhere the first time I used
xml2rfc.
I just looked at the W3C website XML pages, and still am unable to find them.
How does one do a simple ".so" or a "#include" in XML?

[...]
<references title="Normative References"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
  <xi:include
xi:href="http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml";
/>
[...]

xml2rfc does not support xinclude, so you have to generate an
intermediate file:

xsltproc --xinclude -o ouput.xml dup.xslt input.xml

Here's the dup.xslt file:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!--
   Duplicate a document, without the comments
  -->
<stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
  <output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes" />
  <template match="* | text() | processing-instruction('rfc') | @*">
    <copy>
      <apply-templates select="@* | * | text() |
processing-instruction('rfc') " />
    </copy>
  </template>
</stylesheet>

--
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Home: marc(_at_)petit-huguenin(_dot_)org