Re: Retention of blue sheets

2009-07-30 10:42:19

I think it was pretty clearly explained that there is much benefit to
retaining the records. Listening to the comments in the plenary I
would indeed say that you were ALMOST alone in thinking otherwise.

As for the "legal risk", it was also explained that the IETF itself
or, rather, the IETF Trust, has never been the "target" of any of the
subphoenas. The only "risk" is that a trust member has to
*occasionally* go dig out some old bluesheets in order to satisfy
the request which typcially have to do with "proving" if person X
was present in meeting Y.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj