Re: Retention of blue sheets

2009-07-31 03:06:58
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I agree with Alissa that having an explicit privacy policy would be a
good idea, but the fact of participation in an open standards process
certainly cannot be considered a private matter. Exactly the opposite,
in fact.

Indeed, but why do the blue sheets ask for an email address? I'm not interested in receiving any mail (e.g. product advertisements loosely related to the IETF protocols) based on my writing my email on the blue sheets. I accept it's good for disambiguation though asking for affiliation might achieve the same. If anyone would be able to get the blue sheets, they probably shouldn't get the email addresses. Having to write a privacy policy would require ironing out these small details which might be a goog thing.