Re: Last Call: draft-iana-ipv4-examples (IPv4 Address Blocks Reserved for Documentation) to Informational RFC

2009-09-03 06:11:49
Jari Arkko writes:
What should we do about this block? Some of the potential answers include documenting its role, ...

Document its role. There are too many examples out there that use 10/8, and I think the reason for the many 10s is that they're easy to use in good writing. It's hard to write good examples and lucid text if all the different identifiers must start with the eight characters "192.0.4.".

The other alternatives I could think of don't seem to have significant advantages. Delaying armageddon is surely desirable, but a delay of a few hours is not significant.

Arnt