Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-09-03 05:49:06
John,

I suggest that it is not so much a conflict with the ongoing
work of an IETF WG, but a flat technical error.

And I would in general agree with you, but in this case the stuff was already deployed very widely, and the purpose of the publication was to document existing practice. I agreed that the draft had to be published as it was. Of course, a clean design would have been different, but what do you do?

Jari