Re: Last Call: draft-carpenter-renum-needs-work (Renumbering still needs work) to Informational RFC

2009-09-10 19:30:43
Brian E Carpenter wrote:

You say: "scope of the document is seemingly wrong."

Well, the scope of the document is to discuss how actual networks
running IPv4 and IPv6 can deal with renumbering.

So, it's a wrong scope.

That can't be "wrong";

It can be wrong.

The reality, instead, is that actual networks running IPv4 and IPv6
***CAN'T*** deal with renumbering, because of their inertia.

it is simply what we chose to write about.

I'm saying that is a poor selection only to produce poor documents.

If you don't mind, feel free to produce the poor documents.

If you'd like to start a thread about IPng, can you use a different
subject header please?

I'm afraid, considering the so poor quality of IPv6, IETF has already
lost power to produce IPngs.

                                                Masataka Ohta