Re: Last Call: draft-carpenter-renum-needs-work (Renumbering still needs work) to Informational RFC

2009-09-10 06:11:02
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 06:12:20AM -0700,
 The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote
 a message of 23 lines which said:

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'Renumbering still needs work '
   <draft-carpenter-renum-needs-work-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

It is a very important subject for the Internet. I've read the
document, and I believe it is complete and correct (the title
summarizes the conclusion quite nicely). (I've specially focused on
the DNS section.)

Unlike what some people say (for instance in the discussions at fora
like the RIRs), renumbering IP addresses *is* painful for the normal
and ordinary sites.

I support the publication.