Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-18 12:27:04
On Sep 18, 2009, at 17:42, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

The IAOC does believe that this
condition would not prevent the IETF from conducting its business.

Marshall,

I also do not believe that the IETF needs to violate this condition to do its business.
However, in this case there are two aspects out of control:
1) The IETF participants may have a different interpretation of the condition than you and I have. 2) The people running the place may have a different interpretation of the condition than you and I have.

I have lived close enough to what was the GDR for long enough to know that 2 is an extremely uncontrollable problem. (And I have been in the IETF long enough to think that 1 isn't much more controllable.)

China certainly deserves to host a meeting.
Has the SAR (Hong Kong) been considered?

Gruesse, Carsten